School bells will soon be ringing for winter break and Chinese New Year Holiday is just around the corner. It’s the time for the stir-crazy kids and parents to flock to the National Museum of Natural Science to explore the amazing world of natural science. With the popularity for all ages, the Museum as well as its three Parks (921 Earthquake Park @ Wufong, Chelungpu Fault Park @ Chushan, and Fonghuanggu Bird & Ecology Park @ Lugu) will offer extended hours on select dates, giving museum goers more time to explore the stunning 54-hectare hinterland.
Holiday hours are as follows:
|HOLIDAYS||DATES||MUSEUM HOURS||3 PARKS HOURS|
|Winter Vacation||Mondays; Jan. 20 ~ Feb. 12||9am ~ 5pm||9am ~ 5pm|
|Chinese New Year’s Eve||Friday, Jan. 27||CLOSED||CLOSED|
|Chinese New Year’s Day||Saturday, Jan. 28||Partly Open||9am ~ 5pm|
We wish you a happy Chinese New Year!!
- The Museum's IMAX Space Theater, 3D Theater, Science Center, and ‘Brain: The Biology of Mind’ exhibition will open on Chinese New Year's Day.
- Guided tours for ‘Brain: The Biology of Mind’ exhibition on Jan. 28: 11am & 2pm.
- Ticket offices at Science Center, Life Science Hall, Human Cultures Hall and the entrance to the ‘Brain’ exhibition will open on Jan. 28.
- Lockers, wheelchairs, and baby strollers are available at the Main Visitor Center on Jan. 28.
- Shops at the Science Center, Human Cultures Hall and Life Science Hall will open on Jan. 28.
- McDonalds', Science Center Café, and Paleo Wonders will open for dining on Jan. 28.
- Please see the 3 Parks’ websites for information about the available facilities.
- The Museum as well as its 3 Parks will be open as usual from Sunday, January 29, 2017.