‘Sharing Master View’ Lecture Series of Spring, 2017
There is no greater inspiration for people than hearing a true master of a profession talking and interacting live about their work. The National Museum of Natural Science regularly invites natural science experts from many different backgrounds in the country to share their inspiration, experience, perspectives and scientific insights.Following the great success of the Sharing Master View Lecture Series of Fall, 2016, the Museum cordially invites you to the Master Lecture Series of Spring, 2017, which is sponsored by Ministry of Science and Technology, R.O.C. (MOST) and cooperated with National Chung Hsing University (NCHU) and the Co-Life team of National Center for High-speeding Performance Computing (NCHC).
‘Sharing Master View’ hosted by the Museum is a series of lectures related to the cognitions of biology, folklore, and society. Sharing Master View of Spring, 2017 focusing on Artificial Intelligence (AI) brings nation-class researchers to the Museum to share their research and discoveries. All lectures are free and open to the public. All lectures will be held in the Museum’s Multiuse Theater or Blue Conference Room 2:00-4:00 PM, Friday afternoons unless otherwise noted. Everyone is welcome to attend this open lecture series!
Denise Hsien Wu Director and Professor, College of Health Sciences & Technology Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, National Central University; ‘Your Wise Brain’; March 3, 2017; Multiuse Theater
Lin Chun-liang Chair Professor, Systems and Control Group, National Chung Hsing University; ‘Right-hand Man for a Better Life’; March 10, 2017; Blue Conference Room
Lin Shun-shii Professor, Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering, National Taiwan Normal University; ‘From Erica to AlphaGo’; March 17, 2017; Multiuse Theater
Fu Li-tseng Distinguished Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, National Taiwan University; ‘Robots and Smart Home Technologies for Home Healthcare’; March 24, 2017; Multiuse Theater
Chou Jyh-horng Chair Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, National Kaohsiung University of Applied Sciences; ‘Meeting Challenge of Industry 4.0’; March 31, 2017; Multiuse Theater
Liu Yi-chang Research Fellow, Institute of History and Philology, Academia Sinica; ‘Robot Arm Brings Humanity Back to the Stone Age’; April 21, 2017; Multiuse Theater
Yen Li-hwa, Owner of Ke-ke Creative Studio; ‘The Story of Isaac Asimov’; April 28, 2017; Multiuse Theater
- Pre-registration is required. Please call 04-23226940 ext. 519 (9AM – 5PM). You can also mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; but please note that registration is completed only when you receive an e-mail confirmation.
- Audience will receive a gift and a scientific journal ‘Science Development’ published by the MOST to provide coverage on a wide range of popular science knowledge; Audience attending to four lectures or more will receive four complimentary tickets to the Museum. Limited quantities. While supplies last!
- If you’ve registered for the lectures but unexpectedly cannot attend, please contact us; otherwise your other lecture registrations will be cancelled.
- The lecture attendance will be authenticated for government employees and teachers.
- The Museum reserves the right to change the contents of the event. Please visit https://www.facebook.com/go.masterview for the latest information.
- Browse the live online lecture series via http://demo.dracosky.net/cs_demo/nchc, or scan the QR code with your smartphone. For lectures from earlier years, please visit http://knowledge.colife.org.tw/weekendshare.