2017 Science Image Contest: Amazing New Visions
A great scientific image can capture a moment, communicate a message, and stir emotion; it can also help us to share the various aspects of our scientific work and communicate scientific phenomena. Images are becoming increasingly important as a way to share and communicate the science with a boarder audience.
To recognize the visual and exploratory value of scientific imagery and encourage Chinese researchers to present their works to the public, NMNS in collaboration with its Culture & Education Foundation and Scientific American Magazine launched the first Science Image Contest - Amazing New Visions in 2013. The previous three contests in 2013, 2014, and 2016 were huge successes, with so many images capturing amazing moments in science and research. Photographs and images are rated in terms of their aesthetic quality and their ability to inspire and amaze, to convey or illustrate knowledge, to tell an animal story or to let us discover a new world. The contest is now expanded to other Chinese-speaking countries and territories such as China, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Macau.
Participating in the Amazing New Visions Contest is a great way to promote your research and have the chance to win some great prizes! Winning images will be professionally printed and displayed in its subsequent exhibitions in the museums. Winning photographers will have the opportunity to participate to share their work through short talks connected to the exhibitions at various venues. The winning images will also be awarded prizes, trophies, certificates, or souvenirs.
The 2017 Science Image Contest: Amazing New Visions organized by Beijing Museum of Natural History in collaboration with National Museum of Natural Science, Taichung is now underway, and we encourage amateur photographers working in science, general public or students from throughout the Chinese world to enter the contest with their stunning images from the nature. Check out the subsequent exhibitions of 2014, 2015, and 2017 here!
Show us your creative side! The National Museum of Natural Science, Taichung invites your submissions for the 2017 Science Image Contest: Amazing New Vision.
- 2017 Science Image Contest is open to all professional and amateur photographers who have reached the age of 6 (born by August 31, 2010). Employees, consultants, or judges of the Contest are not eligible to enter.
- By submitting any entry to the Contest, entrants have to certify that their participation in this Contest is not illegal or in violation of any regulation.
- You must have a NMNS account to participate in and enter this Contest.
- This Contest is permitted to participate as a team composed of 2 or 3 members.
- The photographers retain complete copyright, but agree to have his/her photograph published on NMNs website and on other media in the reports about the Contest.
- Submission is closed on Friday, October 20, 2017.
- You can call us at 04-23226940 ext. 545 for any further inquiry related to the Contest.