Master Lecture Series of Fall, 2017
There is no greater inspiration for people than hearing a true master of a profession talking and interacting live about their work. The National Museum of Natural Science regularly invites natural science experts from many different backgrounds in the country to share their inspiration, experience, perspectives, and scientific insights. Following the great success of the Master Lecture Series of Spring, 2017 and Sharing Master View Lecture Series of Fall, 2016, the Museum cordially invites you to the 2017 Fall Series, which also sponsored by Ministry of Science and Technology, R.O.C. (MOST) and cooperated with National Chung Hsing University (NCHU) and the Co-Life team of National Center for High-speeding Performance Computing (NCHC).
Hosted by the Museum, this 2017 Fall Series centering on the development and reflection of scientific and technological civilization brings nation-class researchers to the Museum to share their research and discoveries. All lectures are free and open to the public. All lectures are held in the Museum’s Multiuse Theater 2-4PM, Friday afternoons unless otherwise noted. Everyone is welcome to attend!
Lin Chong-hsi Professor @ Dept. of Cultural Heritage Conservation, National Yunlin University of Science & Technology; “Scientific Trash & Trash Science”; Oct. 13, 2017; Multiuse Theater
Yu Hong-tsan Professor @ Dept. of Life Science, National Taiwan University; “The Triumphant and Reflection of Molecular biology”; Oct. 20, 2017; Multiuse Theater
Chou Chuo-hwui Professor @ Dept. of Materials Science & Engineering, National Tsing-hua University; “Enabling Lighting Renaissance with Candlelight OLED”; Oct. 27, 2017; Multiuse Theater
Liu Chin-yun Chairman & CEO @ Ship and Ocean Industries R&D Center; “Explore Ancient Civilization in Inner Space”; Nov. 3, 2017; Multiuse Theater
Ke Hwui-chen Chair Professor & Vice President @ Dept. of Psychology, Asia University; “Charms and Challenges of Internet Technology”; Nov. 10, 2017; Multiuse Theater
Wang Li-chih Professor and Dean of R&D @ Dept. of Industrial Engineering, Tung Hai University; “Science Technology, Innovation, and Life”; Dec. 1, 2017; Multiuse Theater
Lo Hsiang-an Giant CEO, “The World of Bikes”; Dec. 8, 2017; Multiuse Theater
Chen Jun-ji Director General @ Taiwan Agricultural Research Institute; “Agriculture Technology Innovation and Environmental Sustainability”; Dec. 15, 2017; Multiuse Theater
- Pre-registration is required. Please call 04-23226940 ext. 519 (9AM–5PM; Monday-Friday). You can also mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; but please note that registration is completed only when you receive an e-mail confirmation.
- Audience will receive a gift and a scientific journal ‘Science Development’ published by the MOST to provide coverage on a wide range of popular science knowledge; Audience attending to four lectures or more will receive four complimentary tickets to the Museum. Limited quantities. While supplies last!
- If you’ve registered for the lectures but unexpectedly cannot attend, please contact us; otherwise your other lecture registrations will be cancelled.
- The lecture attendance will be authenticated for government employees and teachers.
- The Museum reserves the right to change the contents of the event. Please visit https://www.facebook.com/go.masterview for the latest information.
- Browse the live online lecture series via https://goo.gl/8QoSfT, or scan the QR code with your smartphone. For lectures from earlier years, please visit http://knowledge.colife.org.tw/weekendshare.