The Search for Life in Space, an IMAX 3D documentary, is a journey out into the far reaches of space in search of planets like ours. Thanks to NASA's new brand science of astrobiology and its twin Voyager 1 and 2 spacecraft, the journey begins with the twin Voyager probes' exploration of the solar system and beyond, and takes viewers from the surface of Mars and the icy moons of Jupiter and Saturn to the extreme lava fields and toxic thermal vents deep beneath the sea with cutting-edge imagery from the world’s most powerful telescopes. In these harsh environments, astrobiologists look for clues to how life takes hold. As this immersive adventure into the universe reveals the possibility of planets like ours, The Search for Life in Space produced in association with Film Victoria Australia and Swinburne University of Technology and distributed by MacGillivray Freeman Films will make us re-examine such fundamental questions as: “Where did we come from?”, “How did we get here?”, and “Are we alone in the universe?”
The Search for Life in Space is an eye-opening journey into what scientists know about life in the cosmos and what we actually looking for when we train the world’s most powerful telescopes on the sky. It shouldn’t be missed!
- Release date: July 1, 2017
- Runtime: 32 minutes
- Showtime: 9am, 11am, 1:30pm, 3:30pm, 5:30pm
- Dates subject to change without notice.
- As with all planetarium shows, this show includes large moving images which may affect people with photosensitive epilepsy, balance disorders and/or extreme motion sickness.
- Target audience: ages 8 and up
- Find out more at The Search for Life in Space website.