Museum hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Ticket offices are open from 8:50 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
No entry after 5:00 p.m.
On Wednesday mornings between 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m., entry to the museum's exhibit halls is free (excluding the Space Theater, 3-D Theater and special exhibitions with separate admission fees).
The museum is closed on Mondays, Lunar New Year's Eve and Lunar New Year's Day.
The Museum, 921 Earthquake Museum of Taiwan, Chelungpu Fault Preservation Park, and Fonghuanggu Bird and Ecology Park won’t be closed on Mondays during the summer and winter vacations.
(If Monday is a national holiday, the museum will be open.)
Additional closures are as announced.
To maintain the good quality of visit, please cooperate with the following items:
- Smoking is completely prohibited in our Museum.
- No eating, chewing gum and betel nuts are allowed in the exhibition halls and theaters. Please go to our restaurants or designated areas for eating.
- Please do not make loud noise, push, run, lie down on chairs, and drop trash with abandon.
- Please do not bring pets (except guide dogs) and dangerous goods into the Museum.
- All visitors who have preferential admission fees are requested to show valid certificates when entering the Museum. Those who do not carry valid certificates will not be given any discount.
- Do not enter and take photos while the film playing in the Space Theater and the 3D Theater without the permission of the museum staff.
- Science Center is free in 2021.
- There are lockers for large luggage or small items at the entrance of Human Cultures Hall and the information center of Life Science Hall. Please take valuable objects with yourselves.
- Unless specially marked, shooting and flash light are allowed in the museum. However, the photos and films can not be used for any commercial or publishing purposes. In such circumstances, application is required in advance.
- Please use the hands-on exhibits according to the operation instructions.
- Anyone who climbs, damages, steals flowers and trees, damages lawns, exhibits or facilities may file a criminal damage notice and claim civil damages.
- In order to maintain a good quality of visit, the maximum number of visitors to the Tropical Rainforest Greenhouse of the Botanical Garden is 300 people. Please cooperate with the arrangement of our staff.
- Children under 6 years old need to be accompanied by adults. Children aged 6 to 12 are advised to be accompanied by adults. The accompanying adults should pay attention to children's safety at all times.
- The opening time of the exhibition halls is from 09:00 to 17:00. In order to maintain the good quality of visit, ticket sales and the final admission time are 16:30.
- There are Forcipomyia taiwana in the outdoor areas. Please wear long sleeves, trousers or spray anti-mosquito liquid (please contact the service desks), and keep moving to avoid being bitten!